Intellect and spellpower. Other choices are haste, mp5, and crit. Stamina last; all other stats are irrelevant.
Intellect, haste, and crit are yellow. Use intellect.
Spellpower is red.
Mp5 and stamina are blue. Use whichever you think you need. Stamina can be helpful while learning hard fights.
Most of your gems should be part yellow (for intellect).
If a socket bonus doesn't matter, use pure intellect gems.
Honestly? It doesn't matter. At least one should be for Seal of Light or Seal of Wisdom. Another, probably Holy Light. Third for Beacon or Divinity.
but if you're really aching for damage: Judgement, Exorcism, and the last is up to you.
Yes, create macros! For all of these, choose the giant red question mark icon, and name them whatever you would like.
/cast Judgement of Wisdom
#showtooltip Holy Shock
/cast [mod:shift,target=player][harm,nodead] Holy Shock
/cast Shield of Righteousness
#showtooltipRepeat the last macro for your other blessings.
/cast [mod:shift] Blessing of Might; Greater Blessing of Might
Below, I refer to these macros by spell name. Obviously, "Holy Shock (macro)" is the macro above that casts Holy Shock.
Exorcism, Hand of Reckoning, Hammer of Wrath, Hammer of Justice
These are spells that aren't primary, but you should have them ready for when you need them. Include your racial ability here. (Every Man For Himself, Arcane Torrent, Stoneform, etc.)
Sacred Shield, Flash of Light, Avenging Wrath, Bubble, Hand of Freedom
Blessing, Seal, Judgement:
Blessing of Might, Seal of Wisdom, Judgement of Wisdom
How It Works:
- Target a mob from far away.
- While Exorcism is casting, spam Hand of Reckoning.
- After Exorcism and HoR go off, Judgement (macro) as the mob approaches. (For ranged mobs, start moving closer and cast Judgement (macro) while on the move.)
- Holy Shock (macro)
- Shield of Righteousness (macro)
- HS (m), SoR (m), or Judge (m) - whichever is available first.
- Hammer of Wrath to finish it up.
- Only use Exorcism at the start of a fight, and never while being attacked.
- HoR will only deal damage if the mob isn't targeting you, so it's only good at the start of a fight.
- Keep Sacred Shield active all the time (if you have it).
- If multiple spells are ready to be used, prefer Holy Shock (m) above all others. After that, prefer Judgement (m).
- You can use a different Seal if you remember to use Divine Plea when you need to.
Holy/Shockadin dual-spec, 80 Human Paladin. Naxx 25 down, working on Uld10. Haven't raided since 3.1, that's why my holy build is messed up.